When a homeowner hears the term “metal roofing”, they don’t have a good image in their head. It is believed to be a bad choice for houses aesthetically as they are flat, boring, grey colored pieces of metal on a roof. People fail to understand that these metal roofs have a lot of variation today in terms of their designs, colors, textures etc. Companies now provide homeowners with options in metal roofing in Brisbane.
Courtesy – eagleroofingtulsa
Here are some interesting facts about metal roofs.
- Metal roofing is available in a wide variety of colors and styles and they are suitable for all types of houses or buildings (colonial, Victorian or contemporary).
- Metal roofs are said to be noisy but that is completely untrue, they are in fact quieter as it has a covering under it that helps keep the noises as low as possible.
- Durability – as compared to other roof materials, metal roofs may be expensive initially but they are a life time investment. They are guaranteed to last you for a good 60 – 70 years and require little to no repairs through that time. They are a practical option for the long run.
- Protects from severe weather – they secure the house from hailstorms, hurricanes, rainstorms and tends to shed off snow very quickly. It also reflects the sun and protects the house from it.
- Metal looks better than asphalt – metal has a better appearance than asphalt.
All these facts determine that metal roofing is a good option because it is durable and is low maintenance.